Radiation and Cancer Patient Parking



I started my 5 days of  radiation treatments. The hospital has special “Cancer Patient” parking spots, it was surreal when I realized that I AM A CANCER PATIENT. I parked in the spot and walked inside.

I was given a walkthrough of the treatment center when we initially met with the Radiology team so I knew where to go, but checked in at the front desk anyway because it was awkward to walk through the double doors like I owned the place. I went back to the waiting area and stepped into the changing room. 

In the changing room I changed into the hospital gown on top, looked in the mirror and had a moment. “I can’t believe I’m here. I’m about to be zapped with radiation. What if this doesn’t work? What if I have to do all this shit all over again?” I texted my sister who was in the waiting room that I was freaking out. Magically that helped and I regained myself enough to walk out to the area and wait to be called back.

The treatment was fast and painless, I now need to repeat it 4 more times. Tomorrow I’m walking through the double doors like I effing own the place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“All we need is Michelle with a plan!” -Derek

To Pink or not to Pink?