Bedside Manner & More Results



 My surgeon called me today….let me emphasize HE called me. Not his PA, not the front desk…HE called me. That meant the world to me.

He wanted to make sure I saw that the lymph node pathology came back NEGATIVE in all lymph nodes removed! And the genetics test came back negative in all 48 tests including BRCA1&2.

Next steps:

- Surgery follow up

- Radiology consult

- Oncology consult

I’m hoping to get more info and figure out my options. I want to get advice from these experts but also be realistic. Will this weigh on my mind for the rest of my life? What if it comes back? What if it comes back and I don’t catch it before it spreads? Can we prevent a lot of these “what if” if we literally remove the source? What is the plan for short and long term? Can I still travel later this month? 

Trying to keep my mind occupied so I don’t go down dark paths. The negative test results were the first positive thing on this journey so I’m in a good place right now. Just waiting for Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“All we need is Michelle with a plan!” -Derek

To Pink or not to Pink?

Radiation and Cancer Patient Parking